Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gluten-Free Strawberry Pizza

So I've already been slacking on my blog...that's what 2 weeks of the flu will do to you!
I'm feeling better today, so I'm whipping up a little treat for Easter tomorrow: Strawberry Pizza. This has become a family Easter fav around here. When you live in Central CA. and have fresh strawberries available, how can you resist?!

My recipe:

Crust:
2 1/2 cups Pamela's GF Baking and Pancake mix (Can easily sub. for flour in almost any recipe. Available at Whole Food's or http://www.pamelasproducts.com/)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (I use Smart Balance 50/50 blend w/ Omega 3's)
1/2 cup Splenda baking blend (or 3/4 cup gran. sugar)
1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (or 3/4 cup lt. brown sugar)
1 tsp real vanilla extract
2 eggs (I use eggbeaters)

Bake in an 11x9" pan at 375 for approx. 16-20 min. (until edges are brown and fork comes out clean in the middle - I like to leave mine the tiniest bit "gooey"...makes the crust nice and chewy!) Let cool ALL THE WAY (this is very important - otherwise the topping will melt!) If I'm in a hurry, I put mine in the freezer for about 30 min.

In a large bowl combine 8oz softened Philadelphia cream cheese (I use the fat free) and 8oz Cool Whip (again, I use the fat free). Blend until smooth using an electric hand mixer (I use my KitchenAid stand mixer). Add powdered sugar to taste - I usually end up using about 1/3 - 1/2 of a small (16oz) box. Put bowl in the fridge to firm.

In a separate bowl combine 2-3 pints of fresh, thinly sliced strawberries (the riper the better) with a 14oz tub of Marie's Strawberry Glaze. You can also use the sugar-free glaze and add Splenda to the mix to taste (the sugar-free is a little tart). Again add Splenda or powdered sugar as needed to get the desired sweetness.

When the crust is completely cool layer the whipped topping/cream cheese/sugar mix on top. Next, pour the strawberry mix on top. Chill and serve. I find it's best when made the day before serving...the flavors really "pop" the next day!

Happy Easter and THANK-YOU LORD FOR GIVING YOUR LIFE FOR US! How can you NOT want to celebrate that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment