Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why adoption?

Why adoption?
For me, I was always interested in adopting. It was never a matter of if I could have biological children or not, I just knew God had called me to adopt. I am talking as far back as high school people lol...I was the girl who watched the World Vision commercials and BAWLED...still am ;) I thought I wanted biological children too, but it was never that important for me to go through the whole pregnancy experience. I know it is for some women, and I totally respect that...I think God was just preparing my heart for what was to come.
We did try to conceive for two years...went through the weekly (or more) infertility Dr. visits, I took up to 4 meds a month and gave myself a shot (yuck!). But we came to a place where we had to stop and ask ourselves - was this how God wanted us to build our family or were our own desires and stubbornness clouding our judgment? At that time, our next step was IVF, so we decided to walk away and let God speak to us.
A few weeks later, we got the email that would change our live.
A friend from church emailed and said her daughter knew of an 18-year-old in Utah who wanted to give up her baby for adoption. We prayed about it, talked to her, and I have to say, I have never heard God speak more clearly...Mike and I felt such an overwhelming sense of peace...we knew this was our baby.
Mike was always ok with the idea of adoption, but thought he also wanted a biological child. Funny how things change, because he felt the same tug on his heart as I did when he heard about this precious one, and once he saw pictures of his sweet little Faith, he feel so madly in love it made no difference who carried her in their tummy. My husband has a huge heart, and I love how he lights up when he talks about his daughter.
We are constantly reminded by people that things could change, that the biological mother could change her mind. However, we are at peace and have chosen to walk this path that God is leading us down with joy, hope, and faith (and Faith!).

I didn't give you the gift of life,


But in my heart I know.

The love I feel is deep and real,

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you

The gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.

Author: Unknown

3 comments:

  1. We already love our little Faith ! I pray for her every day and for the young lady CC, who has given us this precious gift. You and MIke are going to be wonderful parents and we are so excited for us all ! "Grandma" Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kristen! I love your blog...it is exciting to see Faith as she is growing. My heart melts looking at those little hands..the little legs..this little baby. I pray for her and for you guys. I praise God for giving Faith such a wonderful family. Now I have to tell ya, her wardrobe is so fun! She is going to be Miss Fashion and Style just like her mom! Most of all...I love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Faith!!!

    ReplyDelete